Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Times have changed

I saw a post on a fly fishing blogger group on Facebook today about a resurgence in blogging since Covid has impacted us. I then realized it's been about 2.5 years since my last blog post so I figured why not throw something up.

Time has definitely passed since I was dedicated to fishing nonstop and keeping this blog updated. Kids are now 8 and 11 (and today is the LAST day of Home Schooling!), my house has had a lot of upgrades done to it, I've gotten a promotion or two, and the world is currently in the biggest state of unrest I've seen in the 44 years of my life.

My fishing trips have, by default, been pushed to the side to make way for birthday parties, soccer games, and basketball practice. I do still get out fishing and I still tie flies. But with all the unrest, I don't think this platform needs more hero shots holding big brown trout. But then again, who am I kidding? the biggest thing I've caught this year was a 12 inch stocked trout.

What I will post here is this. If you're not a member of the POC community, they need your help. Start to think about what you can do to help. Can you march? Can you donate? Are you in the position to help create and change laws? Help is needed desperately. You can donate to the ACLU by clicking here.

Enough taking up internet space. Donate. Support your POC friends. Social Distance. Stay safe. Love each other.
The Black Lives Matter movement explained | World Economic Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment