Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is that a midge in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?

It's freaking cold outside. It didn't even hit 30 degrees today. When I can't fish, I tie. I'm currently sitting in my basement in front of the vise whipping out some quick flies in case I get some spare time to hit the water this weekend.

I hit up Michael's Arts and Crafts and bought a bead container. It has made my life so much easier while tying. I'm no longer looking for a little packet of beads buried in 20 other packets.


Since the beads were easily accesible, I knocked out a dozen or so Zebra Midge patterns. After Saturday, I'm now a big fan of hot spots.


Also knocked out some more olives in size 20. I'm experimenting with bigger wings which will hopefully give a little more time on the top of the water before it dips into the film. I'm really trying to get around spending money on tiny dun hackle. I'll let you know how it goes.


Time flies when you're tying and bumping early 90s house music.

No comments:

Post a Comment