Sunday, December 19, 2010

Odds and ends to wrap up the week

This week went fast. I can't believe it's Sunday night. I have a project I've been managing at work about to come to a close, and as of Thursday, I'll be on vacation until 1/4/2011. I'm pretty psyched and I know that I'll be fishing every day crossing all the things off my wife's to-do list around the house. This includes fun activities such as painting and lots of cleaning. At least it's the holiday season. We took my son to breakfast with Santa today and unlike the post I saw on Troutrageous, my son actually loves Santa. Here's the offical Santa pic with him. He's had about 4 more since this one, but this is my favorite.



In other news, I tried to fish today. I think tried is the right word here. Although, I didn't suck at fly fishing like I did yesterday. I unfortunately don't have the luxury to have a spring creek with a consistent temperature near me so when I have limited time to fish, I hit the east branch of the Perk. I was able to get out for an hour today, but since it's been freezing cold every day, it's starting to ice up. Both sides of the water had about 5-10 feet of ice protruding out from them which meant you had a 10 foot channel in the middle to cast through.

*&#$ing ice


This did not make the fishing fun at all. I did see a small rainbow hugging a slate rock, but he wasn't having what I threw at him and when my streamer hooked in to a chunk of floating ice, I think he had enough of me and took off to hang out with the one or two other stockies still left in the water. Ok, so I didnt get snagged in a tree, but maybe I do still suck at fishing.

Later today, I watched the fly fishing film called "Once in a Blue Moon" and I highly suggest it. This guy heard stories about a giant mouse hatch (yes, I said a mouse hatch) in New Zealand and decides to check it out. I won't give away much more, but you should definitely check it out. I enjoying it enough to get me to sit at the vise and trying to spin some deer hair for my first mouse fly. If I wasnt so lazy, I'd post pics of it. Maybe tomorrow. Here's the trailer for it.



Well that's about all I have. In closing, I'd like to give a shoutout to Mike's Gone Fishing for some added traffic. Tight lines sir! The site has also been add to the Outdoor Blogger Network. It's a great site and I suggest checking it out. It has links to tons of great blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment