Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Damn, I want this.

I swung by the Strip'n Flywear site today and I saw this.

I've been a Beasties fan since I was in grade school. I remember waiting until my mom got paid so she could take me to the local K-mart to get License to ill on cassette. I need this shirt. Swing on by their site for some other quality goods as well.

Here's one that reminds me of the summer I graduated high school, which is also the first time I got to see the Beasties live.

Any other Beasties fans in the house? This post was brought to you by Troeg's Perpetual IPA, and the frustation of getting skunked on a night carp fishing mission. Good night.

12 comments:

  1. Love the Beastie's. I was crushed when MCA died. Felt like a piece of my youth had somehow been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of a nice (to me) beastie boys/techno mashup of intergalactic...you'll need glo sticks and a whistle to listen to it, but crank it up loud! I actually have the vinyl promo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2EaNZZEwGQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eunan, do you DJ as well? I have tons of Beastie Boys jungle and big beat remixes on vinyl.

      Delete
  3. Used to DJ. Back in college, the whole 9 yards Technics Turntables, jazzy mixer, racks of vinyl. Though that was when I live in Ireland - somewhat of a past life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I still have my Technics, few thousand records, an Akai midi controller, 4 channel mixer, novation dicers, and Serato Scratch Live. I do a web radio show on occasion but my club days are over.

      Delete
  4. The Beastie Boys are Awesome. I remember having License to Ill on Cassette too. I remember trying my hardest to remember all the words to Paul Revere. One lonely beastie I be.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brass Monkey . . . . we need a fly called Brass Monkey. Too bad I don't tie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There already is a steelhead fly called the brass monkey.

    ReplyDelete