Saturday, April 2, 2011

Well, It's opening day

And honestly, I couldn't be happier. I'm about to take my son to catch his first trout. We're going here for a kids trout derby.

I'm sure it's going to be a ton of screaming children and tangled lines, but I'm sure he'll have fun. Nick and his son, Rowan, are going as well.

I do have to say, it's been a while since since I messed with spinning gear for trout! I went through all my spinning tackle last night and couldn't really remember what size hooks I used to use for bait! I decided on some small red Gamakatsu circle hooks. I also put on my headlamp and stalked the back yard for nightcrawlers. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I did manage to catch a dozen. I also got the powerbait, bread, and corn all ready to go.

I'd like to get out to do some fishing later on today after the weekend warrior worm dunkers hang up their shakespeares, but tomorrow is my son's 2nd birthday party and there are 65 people coming to the house. I need to get the man cave cleaned up.

P.S. I'm really glad I have a son to do things like this with. It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment