Friday, September 2, 2011

Blogging from the shore part 2

It's just about midnight. I'm standing on a dock on the bay shooting an 8 weight with a minnow pattern, constantly getting my line chewed off by small snapper bluefish. Drunk guy and his wife walk out on the dock. He says to his wife "oh yeah, fly fishing! I used to do that all the time before we were married." He then walks up to me and says "now the whole point of this is to just use a hook and snag the fish when you throw out your line. I like bait fishing, it's more sporting." I just said "yep, I guess so.". I then said "what kind of fly rod did you used to use?". He said "oh, um.... I had a Berkley size 13 stiff. Best rod ever made. Look it up. "

Party on, drunk guy.

1 comment:

  1. Those old Berkeley 13 stiffs were the bomb; indestructible and so lightweight it's as if they never even existed.

    ReplyDelete