Monday, September 12, 2011

Obiwan's jedi spey casting skills



I was checking my google alerts last night and I came across this article about a new movie called Salmon Fishing in the Yemen starring Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt. We all know Obiwan Kenobi, but if you're unfamiliar with Emily Blunt, she looks a little something like this.



Not too shabby. Anyway, it's a Hollywood, Baliwood, London, Lolliwood film written by the guy who did Slumdog Millionare. That was a good movie, but I don't think it will be anywhere close to being true to our sport as, say, A River Runs Through it. Honestly, it's about a sheikh who wants to introduce Salmon to the Yemen River. From the sound of it, I'd probably be more comfortable sitting through Divine Yaya Secrets of the Traveling Pants Sisterhood with my wife. (Or whatever the hell that movie is called)

After reading some poor reviews of the film after it's recent premiere, I've came up with some thoughts on what they could have done differently.

First off. You have a f*cking jedi in your cast. Go with it. The double handed grip on a jedi sword equates to Spey Casting. I could just imagine two jedis battling it out with two 14 foot spey rods chucking tunghead sex dungeon streamers at each other in a fight to the death.


Next up, Emily Blunt. Actually, no. Don't change that. Just have her in every scene, wearing this. It would be much more attractive than a flannel and hip waders.


Finally, we all know sure as sh*t who should be playing the sheikh.




This post was powered by Adobe Photoshop, and Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale. (probably a little too much of it)



EDIT! I found a Youtube clip, and it's even worse than I thought it would be.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I couldn't agree more. I only post it on my blog because it made me laugh. I wait until it's released on Netflix or Hulu.

    ReplyDelete