Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DubTV Episode 2 - Baetis Micro Nymph - It's live!

Before I get in to this post, I want to apologize for being a lame blogger. I've had quite a few of you commenting and linking to my site on your pages and I haven't returned the favor. I've been reading your sites but I've been too busy to add them to mine. I will get to that this week. Thanks for the traffic and your interest in the nonsense I've been posting.

Now that I got that out of the way, here's episode 2 of DubTV. I was knocking out a bunch of these micro nymphs tonight and I figured why not make a video of it! For this fly, my intent was to come up with a pattern to use in early March once the snow starts to melt and the water is high and fast. I wanted the fly to A) be a great attractor pattern and B) somewhat represent the natural food sources in the water. Hopefully this will accomplish it. The mix of the tan thread and chartreuse wire gives it an olive look for a distance.

Before I post the vid, here's a detailed shot of it, along with some other color variations I tied.

Baetis Micro Nymph
Size 18 Scud hook
2mm Rip Lips tungsten bead - hot orange
14/0 tan thread
UTC ultra wire - chartreuse, small
Mallard flank died wood duck
Grey/Dun hare dubbing






And now for the video...I apologize for the background noise. My 3 aquariums have loud filters. I might turn them off for the next episode. I also apologize for my voice. I still have a cold (since Christmas!). Also, if you like this, feel free to share it on your site. I left it open for embedding. Clicking through to the youtube page will give you the HTML code.

Feedback is appreciated. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment