Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A little announcement

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of posts so far this week. Been working a lot and haven't had much time in front of the vise, or on the stream. I promise to get some new patterns posted tomorrow (lots of them!)

For tonight, I'd like to take a few minutes to let you all know about our newest (and first) site sponsor. They are called Rip Lips Fishing and their website is riplipsfishing.com. They are based out of Connecticut. I found these guys originally through Ebay, because they have great deals on Tungsten beads for tying. I've tied quite a few patterns with their beads (and caught quite a few fish with them!) so it's only fitting that I support them. If you go to most fly shops, you'll be able to pick up 20 tungsten beads for around $8-10. These guys have them at $11.99 for 100 packs! It's a great deal. They also have flies, fly boxes, and other fishing gear. Feel free to check out their site and stock up.

Here's a sneak peak at one of the new patterns I tied with their beads. I call it the Citrus CJ.

Size 16 2XL Nymph hook
UTC ultra wire - brassie (Chartreuse)
Peacock Herl (thorax)
Goose biots - tan (tail)
Hungarian Partridge (legs)
Sili skin - pearl (wing case)
Rip Lips Tungsten Bead (hot orange)
UV Epoxy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,

    Found your great site today, and have signed to follow.

    When you find time visit me at www.smallstreambrowntroutfishing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet. congrats. looking forward to Dub logo sticker:) Headed to riplips now.
    Thanks again, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoy the site. @Richard, I'll add you to the blog roll!

    Jaybirds, you're the third person that told me that. I'm going to order some.

    ReplyDelete